Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't Mess With Texas

We just returned from a lovely, long weekend spent in Georgetown, Texas. My dad & stepmom bought a house in Sun City last May and it was our first visit out there. They love it there and I can see why. Malcolm loved being outside, playing in the waterfalls and driving golf carts. We spent most of our time in Georgetown but did get to see a little bit of Austin on Sunday before we flew back to Seattle. I prefer it over Houston hands-down. We had lunch at Threadgill's and I loved that they had a ton of vegetarian side dishes for me to choose from. I got to eat real southern cooking, meatless-style: black-eyed peas, garlic cheese grits and turnip greens with sweet tea to drink. Delish! Oh! And I can't forget the dessert: banana pudding. I ordered it for Malcolm but he was just interested in the whipped cream and cookies. More for me!

No comments: