Friday, July 16, 2010

The Second Labor

One of the benefits of keeping a blog for as long as I've had this one - I can look back at my pregnancy progress with Malcolm and compare it to this pregnancy. At my 38 week OB appointment today, the doc said that my cervix is 3cm dilated and 50% effaced and that there is a 50% chance that I could go into labor this week. At first, I thought, "Wow! I can't believe I'm that far along!" And then, I read what my progress was with Malcolm at 37.5 weeks. Yep, about the same.

In many ways, I'd like to be done with this pregnancy. Let's get it over with already! On the other hand, it would be better if I didn't go into labor until next Sunday. Sherry is arriving Saturday evening to take care of Malcolm while we are at the hospital. Plus, Sunny & Chris' wedding is Saturday night and there are also 2 birthday parties that same day. Let's not mention all of the things I'd like to get done around the house...

Now we just wait and see when this little guy is going to make his appearance. Malcolm has made it very clear that he's ready for his baby brother to come out.

No comments: