Sunday, August 01, 2010

9 Days Later



Why yes, I really was in labor. After sleeping for a couple of hours, I woke up at 3 AM and the contractions started becoming painful and close together. We made it to the hospital around 4:30 AM and Ian was born at 6:20 AM. I think it's safe to say that my body is very efficient at this labor/birthing business. Everything went smoothly and we didn't even stay at the hospital overnight. My recovery has been surprisingly quick and Ian is so healthy. He's a great eater and sleeper so far.

Sherry & Casey flew into Seattle last Saturday so I haven't had much time on the computer. I've uploaded a few photos from Tony's phone to my Flickr account. The ones from our camera were taken in a very large format so I have to adjust the size of all of them before I can upload them. It will take time that I do not have right now, but I'll work at it when I can.

I'm home alone with Ian while the rest of the family is at Snoqualmie Falls. Sherry & Casey leave tomorrow and I'm on my own during the day until next Saturday when the next wave of family comes in. Sherry has been a huge help and I'm not sure how I'm going to get dinner made with her not around to help. I guess I'll need to figure it out somehow.

No comments: