Friday, October 21, 2005

House Hunt revised

We put our house hunt on hold for awhile after Tony received a letter from the IRS wanting him to pay them for past taxes. oops. We knew this was coming, but just didn't know when. He's working with a tax attourney to get a decent payment plan worked out. We're aiming for 3 years.

I don't want to wait 3 years to buy a house - I want to invest much sooner than that. Our plan is for me to get a loan on my own and buy the house on my own and he helps me pay the mortgage. I sent my info to the mortgage officer that we were talking to before - he should have some information for me by Monday. My fear is that I won't qualify for a loan that will get us a large enough house or condo. Although I've made a decent wage in 2005, my wage in 2004 was a bit wimpy. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: