Sunday, August 10, 2008

12-month letter

Hey Little Man!

You turned a year old lasts Thursday. The whole day I kept thinking back to the day you were born. This year has been amazing for both me and your dad and it's hard for us to remember what life was like before you came along.



This past month, you figured out how to walk without holding on to something to keep you upright. Now you are walking around while drinking out of your sippy cup. The other night, you had your worst walking accident. While carrying a balloon that was leftover from your birthday party, you fell and landed on your face which resulted in a bloody, swollen lip. Ow! I'm just relieved that you didn't also chip a tooth.



You love food and you love to eat. I am thankful for this but await the day when you start to protest food. I would have to say that your favorite food right now is cheese and whatever your daddy is eating (still). You are a sweet, gregarious, happy baby and every day me and your dad talk about how lucky we are to have you in our lives. We love witnessing you discover who you are and take joy in being a part of your life and are excited to see who you become. Having you has made us realize what is really important in our lives and brought us a serene happiness that we couldn't have understood without you.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: