Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I was doing so good with the thinking of doing updates and then I got busy and didn't spend much time at home in the past couple few days.

So let's see...Friday night, our friends Ira, Joel and Johnny had a martini party. We had to get all dressed up and everything. Johnny is a bartender and is getting ready to move to Miami. He's never lived anywhere other than the PNW. It will be such a culture shock for him! The party was great fun and I got to chat it up with people I had only briefly met before.

Saturday was spent recovering from the night before and going grocery shopping.

Sunday, of course, was snowboarding day. Here are the pictures. The visibility was really bad that day, so Tony took my camera and got some pictures of the peaks of the mountains above the cloud cover. I'm still not skilled enough to go up that high. I am getting better - we've decided that Stevens is my mountain. I'll prolly skip going with them when they go to Crystal until next season.

I must be getting better because I am in a lot less pain by the end of the day and the next day. I did get a horrendous bruise on my butt, though. Fortunately, no one can see it :-)

Yesterday, I had a non-Microsoft interview. It was for an admin position at a small health insurance company. The job sounds kinda boring, but the people were really nice and all seemed to really enjoy working there. I met with Debbie, the Office Manager, and she seemed to really like me. The interview was pretty casual - I should know in the next couple of days if they want to bring me in for a second interview. The pay isn't as much as I would like, but they are having to fill the position because the person currently in it is being promoted after 6 months. It is a direct hire position which means great benefits :-)

When I got home from the interview yesterday, I had a message on my machine from Paula. She's still trying to cement a time for my second interview for the Microsoft job. It could be this afternoon, but I still haven't heard from her yet. I just gave her a call and left a voicemail. I guess that means I'm going to stick around here today and wait for the phone to ring. I have some cleaning I need to do, but it seems that Persephone is permanently attached to my lap.

No comments: