Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Very Large Shell

Yesterday evening, we returned home to find a notice in our mailbox that the postal service had a package for me at the post office. An unexpected package! We were planning to go to the post office anyway to pick up a certified letter we received (another bleeping lien on our house) so now there was a bonus for me!

The box was square and somewhat large. The return address = unknown. A mystery! We get back into the car to head to work and Tony opens the package - it's a large conch shell. The note that was included only confused us more because it made no sense whatsoever. The person who sent it to me hoped that I enjoyed my visit to Barbados. I only wish I went to the Carribean!

How could someone accidentally send me a conch shell? Our address is brand new so no one has ever had it before. It took me awhile to figure out where it might have come from. I called Dad & Carolyn later in the day - it was from them. The dilemma they faced after purchase was how to send it to me. They asked the diver if he could ship it. He had his daughter take it with her to the states and she shipped it from Florida. Mystery solved.

No comments: