Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mom's Day

I woke up much earlier than I wanted to this morning with thoughts of work. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed in bed reading a book for my Ethics project. After eating breakfast, I called Mom and was chatting with her. Tony comes downstairs showered and dressed. This is unusual for him to do unless he has plans. I continued to talk to Mom as I watched Tony straighten up the house. Again, unusual behavior. He then asks me something that hints he's got something up his sleeve. I paused my conversation for a moment and he tells me that he's invited a few friends over for Mother's Day brunch. Surprise! I ended my conversation so I could get some clothes on before our guests arrived. It was lovely to hang out with my friends and have my husband fix brunch for us :)

I feel like I'm coming down with a head cold. Ugh. I took advantage of the Mother's Day thing and asked Tony to clean the bathtub for me so I can take a bath tonight. It worked! Now I just need to get through a bit more of this homework before I can justify a break.

No comments: