Saturday, May 26, 2007

What's been keeping me so busy as of late

Let's see...the company I work for moved our offices to Seattle. This time around, I had lots of help since we have many more employees. On the 17th, we packed all day and then the movers moved our stuff on the 18th. The 19th was spent setting up the office. There were hitches and snags with the move, but they are worked out now. Our new office location is 3 miles from our house and only a block away from Seattle University. It's awesome. The not awesome part: it's an old building with terrible windows. With our lovely spring weather, the office is unbearably hot and we have no control over the air conditioner. While we were negotiating the lease on the space, we put in the requirements that the HVAC system be thoroughly checked out for issues and these issues need to be resolved (we'd been dealing with HVAC issues at our old location for 2 years). They told us it was done and now we find out that it was not. I know how to resolve the issue: new windows. Seriously. Now that we're in the city and do not have designated parking, I also get to hear complaints regarding parking. I had a good guess that it would be an issue. However, the number of employees who have to drive to work has been greatly minimized including T & me.

Now that the move is over, my amount of work feels like it's becoming more manageable. It's been a hectic month.

There are only a couple more weeks left of school for this quarter. This past Monday, I had a group presentation for my Ethics class and it went really well. We actually had fellow classmates complimenting us after it was over! I've been putting a lot of focus on the project so now that it's complete, I can now turn to Calculus. My in-class final is this Wednesday and I need to have my take-home final done before then. Guess what I'll be doing with my 3-day weekend? The nice thing is that because I do have a 3-day weekend, I can actually have a bit of downtime in the mix.

Lil' bean's been doing somersaults in my belly. It's the weirdest thing to watch. I had a doctor's appointment this past Tuesday to get the blood sugar test done. I'm not diabetic, but I am anemic. I have to admit, my diet has gotten poor (for me) since school started. I'm looking forward to having time to cook again this summer. I also dropped a couple of pounds since my last appointment to which Dr. McDermott says, "What is up with your weight?" The baby is continuing to grow, so she's not too concerned about it. However, I'm a little tired of people commenting on how small I am. I got a chiro adjustment yesterday and my regular doctor is out of town. The one who is filling in for her couldn't get over my size. Her sister is also pregnant and is about as far along as I am, so naturally she compares me to her sister. I just wish I had some sort of response when people make that comment.

I swear I eat. I feel like I'm eating all time time. I've increased my calorie intake. I'm trying! My body is going to manage this pregnancy in the way that it knows how. Speaking of eating, I'm hungry so I must go stuff my face before doing productive stuff today.

No comments: