Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy July 4th!

We are having a perfect summer day in Seattle so far. There is not a cloud in the sky which is unusual - it's usually cloudy on the 4th. There is a soft breeze blowing and it's currently 74 degrees Fahrenheit. We are going to go to at least 2 barbecues today so we can hang out with multiple groups of friends.

Baby update: Dr. McDermott recommended that I stay away from eating lots of sodium since the likelihood of swelling is bigger now. Lil' bean is now in the upside down position and she's estimating that he's about 4 pounds now and will be around 7 when we welcome him out of the womb. He may seem small for today's standards, but I'm not a big human and I am much more comfortable with the idea of squeezing a 7 lb baby out of me compared to a 9-10 lb baby. I have started purchasing things for the nursery this week. I have been getting as much as I can second-hand, but I also want to like it. I wasn't finding any used rockers/gliders that I liked, so I did buy that new along with wall art. I've also been ordering necessities that we didn't receive as gifts and I haven't been able to find second hand and I have to admit, it's been fun :)

Speaking of baby stuff, I should get moving on clearing out the upstairs room in preparation for painting on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are having fun and feeling prepared...congrats on finding a rocker. What color did you decide to paint the room? I've been shopping plane tickets for the end of August...I'll keep you posted...Love, Jenn

Amanda said...

Yay painting! How exciting. A 7 lb bean sounds perfect to me. :)