Friday, December 05, 2003

I went over to Tony's last night so he could help me prepare for my interview better. He was such a big help in giving me feedback to the questions that Jenn gave me to prepare myself. He got a call this morning seeing if he was available for an interview at Microsoft at 1:00pm today. Uncanny, no? So off we went to our interviews.

Mine took about an hour and I interviewed with 2 different people. It was for a Recruiting Coordinator position. They asked me kooky questions like, "Describe how you would make your favorite sandwich" and crap like that. Both were really hard to read so I'm not sure how I did (if they liked my answers or not.) The job didn't sound too exciting to me.

Tony didn't do so well in his interview. He was told that it was just going to be an informational interview and not a technical interview, but it was totally a tech interview that he was not prepared for. My boy has a hard time with interviews and his brain freezes up because he is so nervous. If you have any suggestions on how to help someone gain confidence while interviewing and to not be so nervous, please let me know. I have no idea how to help him with this. Now he's being hard on himself because he failed the interview when he knew the answers to the questions but just couldn't make his brain work. He did find out that he wouldn't have really liked the job anyway, but still.

So that was our interviewing adventures for the day. Staying in tonight and watching the telly.

No comments: