Monday, December 08, 2003

Saturday was a very lazy day and it was lovely. I finished a book I had been re-reading and that's about it. We went out to the club that night since I had a little extra money after getting the unemployment check. Did some socializing and stuff.

I made these yummy cheese stuffed mushrooms on Friday night from a cookbook Sandi gave me for taking care of her pets. There is also a recipe for Stilton & Celery soup that I will have to make for Teresa. She fell in love with it on the cruise; I hope this recipe is just as good.

I had brunch with Sandi & Christine on Sunday before going to this little festival thing where Sandi was performing in the choir that she is in. It was a little thing at the Phinney Ridge Community Center where they were selling overpriced arts & crafts stuff. Their performance was quite enjoyable and it made me think that it would be something both Mom & Dad would enjoy. Yes, I'm talking to you! You know you like to sing! Dad should wait until he's retired, though. You are too busy now to get involved in another activity. Mom, I think it would be a great activity for you and help you find the joy in singing that I know is inside of you. A community choir isn't a whole lot of pressure. Really!

The job thing: I got a call from Paula this afternoon regarding a few more positions that she will be submitting my resume to. She heard back about the Recruiting Coordinator position and the same thing happened - they chose someone who had previous Microsoft experience. They also do not give her feedback on how I interviewed even though she asks. They say fine, but we decided to go with someone who has MS experience. These other positions that she told me today sound much more interesting, so more finger-crossing that they will want to interview with me.

I finally got a call from Parker Staffing (the agency I worked with when I lived here before) after sending them my resume weeks ago. I have an interview/testing scheduled with them on Wednesday. They will be the 4th staffing agency. Why do I get this feeling that I am going to end up signing up with all of them?

All I want for Christmas is a job.

No comments: