Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Adam - yes, he still has his girlfriend, the snake. However, he doesn't hump it as often. And what are you eating to make you gain that much weight and have your blood pressure and cholesterol go up like that? Damn, man! Take care of yourself. Hugh!

I went to the doctor last week for my annual exam. She noticed that my thyroid gland was enlarged so she drew some blood for a test. The test came back abnormal indicating that I have hypothyroidism. I go to see an endocrinologist this Friday for further testing. So now I know why I gained 10lbs in 6 months (or less). The fatigue, the skin dryness, all those symptoms I attributed to other things. I know hypothyroidism is a commom issue for many people (especially women) and it's possible I will not need to be on medication for very long, but it still makes me uncomfortable knowing I need medication to make my body function properly. I know, I know. The joys of getting older. I am kinda excited to see how I feel with my thyroid functioning properly.

The housewarming parties were quite fun. Eric & Cathy made their basement into a gameroom including a sweet pool table, air hockey, video cabinet and game console. We got them a dart board to make it complete.

Murray came up from San Francisco this past weekend. T & I took him to Crave on Saturday and now he knows the greatness of the place. Unfortunately, he missed brunch with us on Sunday at 14 Carrot Cafe on Eastlake. We dined with Julie, Jeremiah, Natalie, Sunny & Garrett. Yummy foods!

That night, Murray, Natalie, Amanda, Tony and I went and saw The Corporation. Another excellent documentary. So many have been put out this year! We are going to go see The Hunting of the President with Cory sometime this week. Can we get enough of the political documentaries? The answer is No.

OK, I suppose I must work now. And, of course, congratulations to the new parents!

No comments: