Thursday, October 26, 2006

Didn't get the memo

I really enjoy taking a bath once in awhile. However, I don't enjoy taking a bath in a tub with glass doors on it. No thanks, I say! So, when we went to go see our place on Monday, I remembered that I wanted to make sure they didn't put doors on the tub in the master bath. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to say something until after we got home. I called Dustin and left him a voicemail. He then called the seller, Chris, and left him a voicemail. Apparently, he didn't get the message.

I got a somewhat distressed call from Dustin yesterday afternoon informing me that they installed glass doors earlier that day. The seller requested that we take a look at it just to make sure that we didn't want them on the tub. We made a little trip to the house last night and verified that no, we do not want the doors. The silicone hadn't even set so it won't be hard for them to take them out.

We were really happy that we went to the place because 1) we got to meet the builder, and 2) we got to see our appliances. The builder's name is John and it was obvious he is very proud of the project. He took us around and showed us this and that and raved about the quality of the materials. He explained why the light fixture was off center in the guest bath and assured us it would be fixed before we moved in. We discussed putting in a soaking tub in the master bath in the future (my dream!) and the reason why he chose cherry wood for the floors and maple for the cabinets.

Our washer and dryer have been installed - front loading washer! I am so excited about this. Our refrigerator - side by side with an ice/water dispenser in the door! We are very happy with the quality of appliances.

The iffy news: John is not sure they'll be done enough for the inspection on Friday. He's going to give Dustin a call tonight to inform us of the status.

No comments: