Tuesday, October 03, 2006

House Hunt revisited

On Sunday, Dustin (our Realtor), came over at 1pm to whisk us away to view houses & condos for six hours. It was exhausting. There were a few that we could totally see ourselves in, but we've decided to wait a week before we make any decisions to see what else comes on the market. We also had a heart-to-heart last night about how much we really want to spend on our housing each month and it ruled out 2 of the contenders that were high-priced due to ideal location. The one that's at the top of our revised list is a cute townhouse on Beacon Hill. We've decided that we are going to buy bicicles when we move because it's likely that our home will not be within walking distance of anything and we'd prefer not to drive. I also made a Very Good Point that living away from the ease of going out to eat whenever we are hungry will definitely cut back on our expenses which is something we will have to do when we buy a house.

I would link to the place that we are eyeing, but the pictures do not do it justice.

This is a very exciting time and, unfortunately, it keeps me up at night. I lay down to do to sleep and I start thinking about owning our own place. *sigh*

Yesterday was our one-month lunaversary. Yay! We went out to 22 Doors to celebrate and try out their new menu. I made the mistake of ordering something without checking to see if it had meat in it. I didn't eat but a few bites and then I was going to eat something when we got home but then I totally forgot. Oops.

No comments: