Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bedding update

Every time I make our bed, I'm reminded to tell the internet that I wouldn't recommend the bamboo sheets I acquired from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don't know if it's just the nature of bamboo fabric or if it's just the way these are made, but the pillowcases wrinkle terribly. It annoys me so. Although the sheets feel super soft, the bottom sheet has pilled on Tony's side. I'm not sure what he does, but he makes some sheets pill up. Since we've lived together, we've only had one set of sheets this hasn't happened to and it's our high-count Egyptian cotton set. Of course, this set of sheets is black and doesn't go with our new duvet cover at all. Woe is me.

Work was pretty busy this week and my back has been hurting a lot more than usual. Hence, the lack of posts to the blog. Tuesday night, we went over to Natalie's to hang out with a bunch of peeps in her new place. It's really too cute! My back didn't like it at all - it's very particular about support and many people have smooshy couches that provide no back support whatsoever. My back was a'hurtin at the end of the night and it just hasn't fully recovered yet. The think that irks me most about it is that it really restricts what I can do. I can't handle going to see a movie or even go over to Chris' house (he was having pple over on Wednesday night). Time for me to stop complaining. I grow tired of hearing myself.

I am going shopping today with Julie for maternity clothes. Ugh. I tried wearing pants a couple of times this week and it was so uncomfortable. Also, my belly keeps showing because my shirts aren't long enough. The day that I did wear the one maternity shirt that I do own, everyone said that I looked really pregnant that day. My guess is that the cut accentuates the growing belly.

We are having many friends over tomorrow for brunch. I am determined to get social time in before school starts - pains in the back be damned!!

1 comment:

Patti Auburn said...

Kris - At the risk of stating the obvious, I will state what has been my backache mantra over the past 35 years: Ice, Ice, Ice - when in doubt, Ice. You probably know this, but if you don't, Ice can be a back-saver if not a lifesaver. A bag of frozen peas work well too, because it's so flexible. Hope you feel better soon.