Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Schoolin'

My First Week of Graduate School
by Kris

My schoolin' week started out with Business Ethics & Social Responsibility on Monday. The instructor is not boring and fellow classmates are friendly and willing to discuss things in class. I will be spending plenty of time reading and writing outside of the classroom. First homework assignment due tomorrow.

Today was Business Calculus. I attempted my first homework assignment that was meant to be completed before today last night and promptly realized that I had forgotten everything I 'learned' while studying for the GMAT. The class was good and it was helpful to have the instructor go over things step-by-step. When we broke up into groups to do the in class assignment, I found that I was not the only one who was rusty on the math skills. I think I will be spending extra time going over algebra on my own in hopes that the class won't be too much of a struggle. First homework assignment isn't due until April 9th which is Awesome. This class isn't as hard-core as my other classes will be: it's non-credit and pass/fail. Doesn't mean I'm going to slack, though!

Must get some rest now. Very sleepy.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I am glad school is going well! It can be hard to get back in the swing of things, but I think you will really love it. You have always been keen on knowledge.

I was reading your post a while back about pregnancy books... I found this one in Borders on Sunday: The Whole Pregnancy Handbook: An Obstetrician's Guide to Integrating Conventional and Alternative Medicine Before, During and After Pregnancy.

I read through some of it and loved it.