Wednesday, October 22, 2003

I've been rearranging my apartment and trying to settle in more. Might as well make use of my time! I also got my unemployment form in the mail today. I'm pretty sure this means I qualify. Everyone keep their fingers crossed for me. It would relieve the stress of feeling like I have to find a job ASAP.

I haven't gotten any responses from the resumes that I have sent out so far...I know it takes time. I mean, I've gotten emails for things I have no interest in whatsoever like selling cars or becoming a financial advisor. How am I qualified for either of those jobs? Whatever. The job market is less than desirable, but we all know that. I am trying but feel like I should be trying harder. But, I really don't want to take a crappy job out of desperation.

I just received this week's Free Will Astrology. The beginning of the email starts like this:

We here at Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology Newsletter
want to know
if you're willing
to push hard to get better,
improve your attitude,
grow your devotion to the truth,
fuel your commitment to beauty,
refine your emotions,
hone your dreams,
face your shadow,
cure your ignorance,
raise your IQ,
and soften your heart,
even as you always accept yourself
for exactly who you are
with all your so-called imperfections.


And my horoscope:

ARIES (March 21-April 19): I confess to have fallen prey to a
sin that has become widespread: overusing the term "sacred." To
my credit, I haven't sunk to the vulgar depths of New Age
hucksters who offer workshops in "sacred e-mail marketing" or
"sacred dog-walking." But still, I want to be more spare in
invoking the term so that on those rare occasions when I do, you
will be appropriately awed. Like now, for instance. I predict you
will soon be roused to reverence by a visitation that fits the
description given by Phil Cousineau in his book, *The Art of
Pilgrimage:* "If you aren't trembling as you approach the
sacred, it isn't the real thing. The sacred, in its various guises
as holy ground, art, or knowledge, evokes emotion and
commotion."


OK, world. Show me something sacred.

No comments: