Thursday, October 02, 2003

My last day of work was filled with scurrying to finish reports that Joe requested the day before and making sure everything was updated and instructions written. Right after I finished working, I started to get ready to go over to Stine and Lyam's house and also talked with Dad & Carolyn. I didn't get to hear too much about the Panama Canal cause 1) they were still tired from the trip and 2) this was the first time I had the opportunity to tell them my job sitch. After talking with them for a little bit, I finished getting ready and headed out for the night. I knew I needed to surround myself with friends that night or else I'd just sit around and feel sorry for myself.

Wednesday was weird...stayed up late the previous night because I could and slept late on Wed. I woke up feeling like I was supposed to be doing something...oh yeah! Working! Duh. Anyway, since Tony is also recently unemployed and has free time, he took me to a vegetarian restaurant close to the U-District. Very yummy! There are so many more places to eat veggie in this city compared to L.A. Afterwards, we went to Trader Joe's. It's important to eat at home when on restricted funds. After buying lots of food, I took him home and came home for a nap before hanging out with Teresa.

Teresa and I have been trying to see "Spellbound" for months now. We go to the theater to see it and it just left. Well, last night we were going to go see it and I had the theater all wrong. It was at this theater in the UD last week, but apparently left this past weekend. Since I do not remember the name of the place, when I looked online I assumed it was at the same theater. I was wrong. D'oh! We didn't get to see it last night, but it is still showing at the cheap theater in Shoreline. So, this Sunday, we are so there! I figure we just weren't meant to pay full price for the movie. And now, $3 is a lot better for me than $9. Since we didn't go see the movie, we went back to her place and watched Tivo'd Sex in the City and ate popcorn.

It was a good way to spend my first day unemployed.

Today, I write up different versions of my resume and look for jobs. Later today, Tony and I are going to the Seattle Art Museum to take advantage of the free admission. The first Thursday of every month, they let you in free. We also may go down to the Pioneer Square Art Walk. It's good to find the free/cheap stuff :-)

No comments: