Sunday, January 28, 2007

I am...

Many people who have widely read blogs call themselves 'writers'. I write a blog and I suppose the act of writing means I'm a writer, but I'm not a 'writer'. I guess a 'writer' is someone who considers writing to be her career. Sometimes I wish my job description was just one word. I'm an organizer, analyzer, processor, trainer, mediator, thinker, writer, buyer and talker. I'm getting my MBA so I can do it all with a degree to back me up.

I've been having that Lottery dream again. You know, the one we all have. If I won the Lottery, I'd quit my job to be a full-time student, full-time parent and a full-time homemaker. I'd dye my hair funny colors again. When the kids start school, I'd start my own business of selling refurbished furniture that I refurbished myself. I love making old stuff look nice and pretty again. I might have to develop my own non-toxic wood stain & enamel. It's all about being green, folks. Chris says I don't need to win the Lottery to do this which is true, but it sure would make things easier. We're about to go into some serious debt for grad school, so my pipe dreams will be on hold for awhile.

Right now, I am tired. My weekend wasn't nearly as productive as I would have liked. They haven't been so productive lately which kinda bums me out. I really enjoy being productive.

No comments: