Sunday, January 28, 2007

The story I keep meaning to write about

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I'm back down to my pre-hypothyroidism weight. Although my pant size hasn't really changed, my ring size has. We had my ring made when I was about 8-10 lbs heavier. A few weeks ago, I shook my hand and my engagement ring flew off and hit Natalie in the back of her head (I was giving her a shoulder massage). Ack. I thought to myself, "Always keep your fingers bent when shaking your hands". Great plan, right? Ha!

About a week ago, I was moving a neighbor's recycling bin out from our driveway. When I tipped it to roll it to their property, water that was sitting on the lid poured onto my hands. First reaction? Shake the water off. First realization? Oh crap! I didn't keep my fingers bent! Both my engagement ring and wedding band flew off my finger onto the rocks and dirt in their drive. It took me a good 15 minutes to find both. I was so thankful it wasn't raining at the time! I moved my rings over to my right hand for the time being. If I stay at my current weight for the next few years, I'll see a jeweler about resizing my rings. We also need to get on the ball and get this engagement ring insured.

No comments: